New Updates


J.Thomas Britto
Dept of civil engineering college, Thanjavur

There is no country that is immune from disaster, though vulnerability to disaster varies. India has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disaster on account of its unique geo-climate conditions. Floods, droughts, cyclones, earthquakes, tsunami and landslides have been recurrent phenomena. About 60% of the landmass is prone to earthquake of various intensities; over 40 million hectares is prone to floods; about 8 % of total area is prone to n cyclones and 68% of the areas are susceptible to drought. Therefore disaster management is very much essential especially in the present scenario to overcome the hinderances in our country's development and also to enhance the sustainability of human lives and resources.This paper tells how to manage a disaster, various steps in disaster management, measures to be taken for mitigation of a disaster and how to recover from the disaster.
This paper deals with tsunami in particular and the management and recovery from tsunami.

About Author:

I am Thomas Britto here to share my experiences in the civil engineering field to all my readers.Today many students are struggling to buy books at high prices. So I decided to start a blog and share my experience and knowledge with all my readers.

Let's Get Connected: Twitter | Facebook | Google Plus

No comments