METHOD OF EXCAVATION
EXECUTION OF WORK
· Demarcate the excavation line with working space.
· Shall obtain the written approval from employee to start excavation work.
· Shall thoroughly explain necessary details to excavator operators to get a smooth
· Work done and avoid less or over excavation.
· engineer shall continuously monitor the levels while going on the excavation
SEQUENCE OF WORK
Removal of surface soil and debris are carried out and clean the site. Considering the area and volume to be excavated and the different levels of excavations in ground Reservoir excavation work shall carried out in two or three places simultaneously.
In the Ground Reservoir , excavation work shall reach up to the required level in one time.
In the Back Wash Recovery Tank excavation work shall reach up to about 3.0m level in
First phase and in 2nd phase shall reach up to final required level.
· Excavated soil will be transported out from the site and soil suitable for back filling shall
· Be stocked at adjoining land to the site. All the vehicle sending out from the site are
· Recorded and daily report will be submitted to the employee. Excavation work will
· Continue in night time too.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINERY AND VEHICLES
The following vehicles and machineries are available foe the excavation works. These
Will be employed time to time as necessity arises.
1. Excavator 0.7 m3 - 2nos
2. 14.15m3 Dump Truck - 2nos.
3. Loader Backhoe - 1 nos
4. Baby Dumper - 2 nos.
5. 9.00m3 Dump Truck 2 nos
SAFETY AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
The following measures will be taken to ensure the safety and security of machinery, Vehicle and personal.
a) All machinery will be operated by well trained operators. Operator assistants will be employed for machineries like crane, backhoe, backhoe loader, etc.
b) Only vehicles having valid revenue licenses and necessary insurance coverage will be used for transport of soil. Only drivers having valid driving license will be permitted for this work. The driver will be assisted by a helper in each heavy vehicle.
c) Proper access will be provided with suitable slopes
d) Necessary barricades will be fixed either with fence or with barricade tapes where necessary to assure the safety of the persons, vehicles and machineries.
e) The whole activity covered by a C.A.R. Policy
f) Continues watchmen will be provided for excavation and machinery movements.
SECURITY OF WORK
a) All entry / exit records will be maintained at site and will be forwarded to the Engineer if requested
b) Identify details of all employees of works including operators, operator assistance, drivers, and driver helpers will be maintained under custody of Administrative Manager.
c) Gate pass will be issued with necessary approval before exit of each vehicle.
HEALTH AND EVIRONMENTAL PRECAUTIONS
a) Excess soil will be dumped to filling lands after obtaining permission from all relevant government authorities.
.b) Drum Truck leaving the site with soil will be covered by polythene cover.