Jobs after B.Tech in Civil Engineering
A student who has finished his graduation in the civil engineering stream can get good opportunities now with the boom of real estate industry and focus on infrastructure development. It is possible for students after B.Tech in Civil Engineering to get jobs not only in India but also overseas especially in gulf countries.The presence of architectural companies as well as construction firms abroad is the main reason behind this. The details about the career opportunities are given below.
Private Sector Jobs after B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- Candidates who possess a graduate degree in Civil Engineering can very lucrative jobs with the private sector. It is also possible for them to go for research if they pursue Masters Courses.
- Students, if they prefer then Teaching in colleges would come up as an excellent choice for those with a teaching flair. Many private colleges have come up in this space. In that case, they should appear for GATE and try to get admission to some M.Tech program
- B.Tech Civil Engineers can also work as Consultant with private construction firms like Larsen & Toubro Limited, Jaypee Group, Punj Lloyd, IVRCL Infra etc.
- B.Tech Civil Engineers can join as Consultants with Architectural Firms and Engineering services firms.
- They are also recruited as Consultant Engineer with IT firms, Transportation and even in the Private aviation fields.
Government Sector Jobs after B.Tech in Civil Engineering
Students of Civil Engineering can get good jobs not only with the private sector, but the public sector too. It is possible for freshers to get employed as trainee or junior engineer. B.Tech Civil Engineers can appear in the UPSC exam which is carried out every year. B.Tech graduates can appear in the IAS, IPS as well as the IES civil service exam for getting jobs in the government sectors. The PSC also carries out exams as to select qualified engineers in to various state government departments like Public work department or PWD. Those who are skilled in this field have a chance to get promoted into the posts of Assistant Engineers, Executive Engineers etc. Engineering professionals in the field of Civil Engineering are required in fields such as Gas and Oil plants, Power generation firms, Construction of pipelines and water mains etc. The Railway recruitment Board is another major recruiter of B.Tech Civil Engineers. Candidates can also try their luck in the defense sector.
Job Prospects Abroad after B.Tech in Civil Engineering
There are numerous job prospects available for graduates of civil Engineering abroad. Many pioneer international private companies as well as firms of the public sector recruit Civil Engineers for construction purposes. There are firms that require professionals of civil engineers for its various departments. The students will get even better prospects and pay packages in most of the developed countries if they also have M.Tech or relevant Master’s degree. There are more than twenty five civil construction and architecture companies in fortune 500 and they pay handsome to civil engineers especially with some specialization in high end designs.