1. LEVEL AT THE SITE : - The level at the site must be higher than that of its surrounding so as to provide good drainage.
2. CLIMATE CONDITION: - The intensity of the rainfall and sub soil water level should be low as to avoid dampness in the building.
3. SUB-SOIL CONDITION: - A hard strata should be available at a reasonable depth so as to construct the foundation of the building safely and economically.
4. AVAILABILITIES OF MODERN AMENITIES: - The site must be within municipal limits so that modern amenities like water supply, electricity, drainage, road etc. can be made available inner future if there is no provision at present.
5. AVAILABILITIES OF OTHER FACILITIES : - The site should provide as easy access from the nearest road and after sufficient light and air, these should be good and cheap transport facilities available near the site, it is always better if public services like fire brigade, police station etc.
The situation and surrounding of the site must as to suit the purpose for which the building it to be constructed.