What’s new in AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012?
3D Reinforcement Enhancements:
AutoCAD Structural Detailing now displays reinforcement and reinforced concrete element geometry in 3D views. 3D visualization helps you check if reinforcement is properly defined. It also helps you identify reinforcement bar collisions and errors in the placement of steel reinforcement.
Enhanced Beam & Column Macros:
This new feature extends the present functionality of reinforcement column and beam macros to include:
· New transversal reinforcement templates that allow you to implement your own templates
· The ability to automatically divide the main reinforcement bars of a beam according to the maximum length of reinforcement, defined in the database with appropriate length of lap splices
· These macros are currently available in AutoCAD Structural Detailing, Autodesk Revit Structure, and Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis software.
Solid Objects on Drawings:
· Now you can display solid objects on structural drawings, including items that are typically supported by a steel structure, such as concrete foundations, concrete or masonry walls, concrete slabs, and plant structures. While these elements do not necessarily affect the structural steel design, they are a necessary part of the structural modeling process, and they offer a more accurate display and visualization of the structure on detailed drawings.
Weld Symbols on Drawings:
· The new definition dialogue box makes it possible to create manual weld definitions on drawings.
Bolts, Nuts & Washers Positioning:
· Now it’s easier to create, modify, and update bolt connections and to position bolts, nuts, and washers.