Google SketchUp is an easy to use application that willl help you learn to create 3D models of houses, sheds, decks, home additions, woodworking projects – even space ships.
You can add details, textures and glass to your models, design with dimensional accuracy, and place your finished models in Google Earth, share them with others by posting them to the 3D Warehouse, or print hard copies. Google SketchUp (free) is a great way to discover if 3D modeling is right for you.
SketchUp (free ) includes these tools:
- Drawing and modifying geometry: Polygon, FollowMe, Offset, and Intersect with Model.
- Construction: Dimension, Tape Measure, Protractor, Section Slice, Layers, Area & Length Calculation
Using SketchUp you can:
- Draw, modify, measure, rotate, and scale geometry.
- Place section slices to view and work on model interiors.
- Add pre-made textures to your models, or create new ones.
- Add pre-made components like trees, cars, doors and windows, and people to your models, or create new components.
- Soften and smooth faces.
- Cast real-time shadows for any location on earth.
- Simulate movie camera placements.
- Perform walk-throughs.
- Create presentation tours.
- Import 2D images (.jpg, .png, .tif, .tga, .bmp) and 3D models (.3ds, .dem, .ddf, .dwg, .dxf, .skp). - Export your models to Google Earth.
- Export 2D images of your models (.jpg, .bmp, .png, .tif).
- Print your models.
- Create add-on programs using the Ruby programming language. SketchUp is the 3D modeling tool for design professionals The professional version of SketchUp empowers design professionals to explore and communicate complex design concepts.
SketchUp users have the ability to:
- Export models in 3DS, DWG, DXF, OBJ, XSI, VRML, and FBX file formats.
- Export animations and walkthroughs as MOV or AVI files.
- Use organic modeling (Sandbox) and Film & Stage (pre-viz) tools.
- Import and export GIS data.
- Print and export raster images at higher-than-screen resolution.
- Receive free email technical support for two years after purchase.
- Use the software for commercial purposes (the free version is approved for personal use only). - 600 MHz Pentium III processor
- 128 MB RAM
- 80 MB of available hard-disk space
- Video card that is 100% OpenGL compliant
- Windows compatible pointing device
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Windows Media Player or QuickTime 5.0 and web browser for multimedia tutorial.