Triple Beam Balance
• to learn the correct way to use a Triple Beam Balance
• to learn the parts of a TBB
• to take precise measurements when finding the mass of an object
• to find the mass of known and unknown quantities
• Film canisters labeled A - Z filled with different masses.
• Sets of Brass weights 200, 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 2, & 1 gram
• Triple Beam Balances
1. Listen and watch carefully to the demonstration on how to use the Triple Beam
2. You and your partner will share a triple beam balance.
3. Check to see that the Pointer is pointing to zero.
4. If it is not, check to see that all the Riders are all the way to the left at the Zero
5. Adjust the balance by turning the Adjustment Screw slowly until it points to zero.
6. Place the known brass weights onto the pan and practice measuring until you are
comfortable using the balance beam. Start with the largest mass, 200 g, and work
your way down to the smallest mass, 1 g.
7. Find the mass of the unknown film canisters.
Powered by Blogger.