CE1351 – DESIGN OF REINFORCED CONCRETE AND MASONRY
L T P C
4 0 0 4
UNIT I RETAINING WALLS 12
Design of cantilever and counter fort retaining walls.
UNIT II WATER TANKS 12
Underground rectangular tanks – Domes – Overhead circular and rectangular tanks –
Design of staging and foundations.
UNIT III SELECTED TOPICS 12
Design of staircases (ordinary and doglegged) – Design of flat slabs – Design of
reinforced concrete walls – Principles of design of mat foundation, box culvert and road
UNIT IV YIELD LINE THEORY 12
Application of virtual work method – Square, rectangular, circular and triangular slabs.
UNIT V BRICK MASONRY 12
Introduction, classification of walls – Lateral supports and stability – Effective height of
wall and columns – Effective length of walls, design loads, load dispersion, permissible
stresses and design of axially and eccentrically loaded brick walls
1. Krishna Raju, N., “Design of RC Structures”, CBS Publishers and Distributors,
2. Dayaratnam, P., “Brick and Reinforced Brick Structures”, Oxford and IBH
Publishing House, 1997.
1. Mallick, D.K. and Gupta A.P., “Reinforced Concrete”, Oxford and IBH
Publishing Company, 1999.
2. Syal, I.C. and Goel, A.K., “Reinforced Concrete Structures”, A.H. Wheelers and
Co. Pvt. Ltd., 1994.
3. Varghese, P.C., “Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures”, 2nd
Edition, Prentice-Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 2002.
Powered by Blogger.