CE1013 – WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING
L T P C
3 0 0 3
UNIT I GENERAL 9
Water resources survey – Water resources of India and Tamilnadu – Description of water
resources planning – Economics of water resources planning, physical and socio
economic data – National water policy – Collection of meteorological and hydrological
data for water resources development.
UNIT II NETWORK DESIGN 9
Hydrologic measurements – Analysis of hydrologic data – Hydrologic station network –
Station network design – Statistical techniques in network design.
UNIT III WATER RESOURCE NEEDS 9
Consumptive and non-consumptive water use – Estimation of water requirements for
irrigation, drinking and navigation – Water characteristics and quality – Scope and aims
of master plan – Concept of basin as a unit for development – Water budget and
UNITIV RESERVOIR PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT 9
Reservoir – Single and multipurpose – Multi objective – Fixation of storage capacity –
Strategies for reservoir operation – Sedimentation of reservoirs – Design flood levees and
flood walls – Channel improvement.
UNIT V ECONOMIC ANALYSIS 9
Estimation of cost and evaluation of benefits – Discount rate – Discounting factors –
Discounting techniques – Computer applications.
1. Linsley, R.K. and Franzini, J.B., “Water Resources Engineering”, McGraw-Hill
2. Douglas, J.L. and Lee, R.R., “Economics of Water Resources Planning”, Tata
McGraw-Hill Inc. 2000.
1. Chaturvedi, M.C., “Water Resources Systems Planning and Management”, Tata
McGraw-Hill Inc., 1997.
2. Goodman Alvin, S., “Principles of Water Resources Planning”, Prentice-Hall,
3. Duggal, K.N. and Soni, J.P., “Elements of Water Resources Engineering”, New
Age International Publishers, 1996.
Powered by Blogger.